2016년 9월 19일 월요일

Blog Post#3 Significance of my name


My name (Kyuweon Beom) is derived from a Chinese background. Long time ago one of my Chinese ancestors moved into Korea and settled there until my generation. 

One significance about Korean names is that many people share the same family name. For example, many of you might have seen a lot of Koreans with the family name of Kim, Park, Lee and etc. This is because people  with these family names were the most influential and strong force throughout Korea, leading them to make more descendants. On the other hand, my ancestors were not as strong or influential as names above. As a result of this weakness, it is very not common to find a person who has the family 'Beom'. 

and Another significance about my name is that since my ancestors were Chinese, our family always used Chinese letters to express our names and injected a meaning to it. The meaning of my name goes like this

Kyuweon Beom (源)
Beom (虎) : Represents Tiger. (Usually Family names are just a tradition which doesn't include much meaning)

Kyu (規): Meaning 'Laws' or 'Rules'

Weon (源) : Meaning 'Origin'


If each letter is combined, it represents 'Origin of Rules/Laws' representing righteousness and moralism.  

This reflects my identity in 3 different aspects
Personal: When I interact or communicate with people, I have a certain boundary I should never cross which includes inoffensiveness and disrespect. Also, I always keep on aware of things I should be aware of when talking to people. Specifically, I try not to pick on their weaknesses. 
Interactional: Because I am currently a student, son, and a expat of UAE at the same time, there are certain rules and laws I should not break. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기